Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ABC Wednesday: D is for Dopo

Dopo is a small Italian restaurant on Piedmont Avenue.  It is often touted as having authentic Italian food, which I'm not sure is literally true.  Nonetheless, the food is very good and reasonably price, especially if you go for lunch.  Most people go for the thin crust pizza but you shouldn't overlook the risotto and their fish dishes.  They don't take reservations, so lines begin to form before they open for dinner.  Up the street is their sister restaurant Adesso, which focuses on house-made salume.  On any given night both places are usually packed.
Sometimes time flies at warp speed and consequently I wasn't ready for my Wednesday post; so once again I caged photos from Google.  Bad me.  But honest, I've been to Dopo several times.  No doubt as punishment for not using my own photos, I can't get this second picture to center.  Grrr.  Be sure to visit ABC Wednesday for more takes on the letter "D".

7 comments:

  1. Thank so much for taking us to this delightful Italian restaurant! The photos are absolutely inviting!
    Have a great day!
    Wil, ABC Wednesday Team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, AUTHENTIC may bmean lots of different things. Italian cuisine is fairly eclecvtic.

    Looks like a nice place.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Italian food!

    Dairy Queen
    Chubskulit, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was at the Oakland Museum the other day, drove past Can't Fail. Wasn't in town for a meal, but at least I now know where it is and now I have another to add to my list. Love your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. «Louis» has set out any number of times to try Dopo, but has never caught it at a time without too long a wait. So, every time, he's gone across the street to Lo Coco's - where there is still a wait, but more reasonable. Lo Coco's has the best pesto pizza «Louis» has ever found anywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have some interesting and fine restaurants in your town!

    ReplyDelete