Friday, April 1, 2011

Skywatch Friday: family crypt

Found at Mt. View Cemetery.  This is the second pyramid tomb I've spotted.  I'm going to guess this family was associated with a fraternal order such as the Masons or the Rosicrucians.  As you can see the skies are blue.  After all that rain we're now having a mini heat wave with local temperatures in the low 80s.  Won't last long.  Visit Skywatch Friday for more sky views.  Also submitted to CDP's Theme Day "Edges."  Click here to view thumbnails for all participants.

11 comments:

  1. You really find some interesting things in Mountain View.

    «Louis» has been told that people are just dying to get in there...

    (CLUNK)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say you can't take your money with you. I'm sure the pyramid was not cheap. So I would say this guy did find a way to take it with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure sound a great one! This is fun to see.
    I can't count how many times I've gone by that cemetery, but I've never stopped to walk through it (I visit a lot of cemeteries, but never this one which was close to my daughter's middle school.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Much as I enjoy cemetery art and architecture from an æsthetic point of view, I find post-mortem ostentation troubling. Give me rather John Calvin of Geneva who would not have his grave marked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never seen that in the cemeteries I have visited. Sure looks impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fascinating photo from the left coast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. like James Mark, I find cemetery architecture interesting but those ostentatious in cemeteries is kinda troubling. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post for edges. And so fascinating. I loved yesterday bike!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How extremely strange... Ah well, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too often visit cemeteries and find the headstones interesting and sometimes sad. Never seen a mini pyramid before though.

    ReplyDelete